How to get my Social Security Statement?

Online: At least once each year, you should log on to the “my Social Security” website and download a copy of your Social Security Statement to review your earnings history and verify those earnings with your tax return figures.  To see your Statement online anytime, create a “my Social Security account” at

There is no fee to create a “my Social Security” account, but you must have an email address.

By postal mail: You can request a paper copy of your statement by calling the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) and asking for a Social Security Statement.

In-person: You can visit a Social Security office to request a statement. You can find the location of your nearest office at

Carefully review “Your Earnings Record” because it’s not uncommon to find that earnings from certain employers or entire years are missing. If you spot any mistake, call the SS Agency at 1-800-772-1213. Officially, you have to correct errors within 3 years, 3 months, and 15 days following the year of the mistake.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top