Shiv Jhawar — Master Tax Advisor
45 years in business!
Shiv R. Jhawar established SRJ Consulting in Chicago in 1975 to provide personalized tax accounting services to individuals and businesses.
As an Enrolled Agent (EA), Shiv Jhawar is licensed at the federal level to practice before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). In fact, EA status is the highest credential awarded by the IRS. Because the EA is licensed by the federal government, not just by an individual state, Jhawar can serve clients in all 50 U.S. states.
Jhawar helps taxpayers resolve their tax issues — audits, appeals, or tax collection. He represents, advises, and prepares tax returns for clients — businesses or individuals.
Profiled in Wikipedia, Shiv R. Jhawar’s academic and professional credentials are exceptional:
- B.Com (Honors), University of Calcutta, 1968, placed in the top ten merit list
- Master of Accounting Science (MAS), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1974
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 1970
- Lecturer, H.R.College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, India 1971-1973
- Special Project Chief, CBS Television, Chicago, 1975
- Lecturer, City Colleges of Chicago, 1978
- Enrolled Agent (EA), United States Treasury, 1979
- Member, National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
- Member, AICPA International Associate
- Author of the inspiring book, Building a Noble World, 2004
- Awarded Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for career achievements, 2018
- Five Star Review Award from PTINdirectory
Jhawar is highly skilled in getting to the root cause of a tax issue and figuring out the way to resolve it. Whether you are a current or potential client, you will find Jhawar to be a very good listener and communicator.
With a keen interest in computer technology, Jhawar has written his own accounting software, which he uses in his tax accounting practice.
Jhawar lives in Chicago and, in his free time, enjoys diving into deep meditation, discovering good eats, writing articles, watching international cricket, and getting a good night’s sleep.
Clients describe Jhawar as humble, reliable, calm, patient, cheerful, friendly, innovative, confident, and perfect with his tax work.
AFSP Tax Preparer
Anvi graduated with Bachelor degree from Ohio Wesleyan University (Delaware, Ohio) majoring in Accounting in 2005. She has been working at SRJ Consulting for over 15 years, assisting Shiv Jhawar in his tax practice.
Having completed the IRS’s Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) study course, Anvi Parikh holds the AFSP qualification to prepare tax returns, correspond with the IRS, and represent clients whose returns she prepared and signed, before the IRS (revenue agents and Taxpayer Advocates).
As an AFSP tax preparer, Anvi is included in the IRS directory of Tax Return Preparers with credentials. The AFSP Professional Conduct Standards are set out in the IRS Circular 230. She is also a member of National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP).
Anvi works with QuickBooks accounting software on a regular basis and has mastered Microsoft Excel. Highly organized and detail oriented, she is skilled in helping individuals and small business owners.
In her spare time, Anvi assists Shiv Jhawar in running his Noble World Foundation (NWF), a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity, nonprofit organization.