Shiv R. Jhawar - Tax Expert
45 years in tax practice!
As an experienced IRS-licensed Enrolled Agent since 1979, Shiv R. Jhawar prepares U.S. income tax returns for individuals and businesses and defends clients in IRS audits, appeals, and tax collection issues.
The “Enrolled Agent” designation is the highest credential the IRS awards. Enrolled” meaning granted a license to practice by the United States Department of the Treasury. The federal government, not the states, issues EA licenses. Unlike CPAs, who can only practice in certain states, an EA can practice in all 50 states.
Shiv R. Jhawar is listed as a notable individual on Wikipedia. Jhawar received the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018 in recognition of his numerous accomplishments.
SRJ Consulting is listed in the Best Rated Tax Preparer in Chicago by ptin.org (click here to view). Kev’s Best, a blog that rates businesses, ranks SRJ Consulting among 5 Best Auditors in Chicago.
Shiv R. Jhawar’s academic and professional credentials are exceptional:
- B.Com (Honors), University of Calcutta, 1968, placed in the top ten merit list
- Master of Accounting Science (MAS), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1974
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 1970
- Lecturer, H.R.College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, India 1971-1973
- Special Project Chief, CBS Television, Chicago, 1975
- Lecturer, City Colleges of Chicago, 1978
- Enrolled Agent (EA), United States Treasury, 1979
- Member, National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
- Member, AICPA International Associate
- Author of the inspiring book, Building a Noble World, 2004
- Awarded Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for career achievements, 2018
- Five Star Review Award from PTINdirectory
With a keen interest in computer technology, Jhawar has written his own accounting software, which he uses in his tax accounting practice.
Jhawar lives in Chicago. In his spare time, he enjoys diving into deep meditation, discovering good eats, writing articles, watching international cricket, and getting a good night’s sleep.
“This man knows what he is talking about when it comes to taxes,” say clients.
ENROLLED AGENT / OFFICE MANAGER
Anvi Parikh — Enrolled Agent
Anvi Parikh is licensed to practice before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Enrolled Agents (EAs) are the only federally licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and also have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS.
Anvi graduated with Bachelor degree from Ohio Wesleyan University (Delaware, Ohio) majoring in Accounting in 2005. She has been working at SRJ Consulting for over 15 years, assisting Shiv Jhawar in his tax practice.
As an Enrolled Agent, Anvi is included in the IRS directory of Tax Return Preparers with credentials. She is a member of National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP).
Anvi regularly uses QuickBooks accounting software and has mastered Microsoft Excel. Highly organized and detail oriented, she helps individuals and small business owners save money on taxes.
In her spare time, Anvi assists Shiv Jhawar in running his Noble World Foundation (NWF), a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity, nonprofit organization (www.nobleworld.org).