About Shiv R. Jhawar: A Talent for Tax
Shiv R. Jhawar
"Finding a solution to a complicated tax issue is difficult but feels very rewarding to me," says Shiv R. Jhawar, who established SRJ Consulting in Chicago to provide high quality, personalized tax accounting services to individuals and businesses. As an Enrolled Agent, licensed to practice before the IRS, Jhawar helps taxpayers resolve their tax issues. He represents, advises, and prepares tax returns for individuals, corporations, and other entities.
Profiled in Wikipedia, Shiv R. Jhawar's academic and professional credentials are exceptional:
- B.Com (Honors), University of Calcutta, 1968, placed in the top ten merit list
- Master of Accounting Science (MAS), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1974
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 1970
- Lecturer, H.R.College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, India 1971-1973
- Special Project Chief, CBS Television, Chicago, 1975
- Lecturer, City Colleges of Chicago, 1978
- Enrolled Agent (EA), United States Treasury, 1979
- Member, National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
- Author of the inspiring book, Building a Noble World, 2004
- Awarded Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for career achievements, 2018
Jhawar's advanced education and years of tax law experience along with his strong ability to negotiate enables him to effectively represent taxpayers before the IRS. He is highly skilled in getting to the root cause of a tax issue and figuring out the best way to resolve it.
With the new tax law going into effect for the year 2018, Shiv Jhawar wrote the article, "Understanding Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" to help people understand how they will be impacted by the new tax law.
Shiv R. Jhawar has built a reputation for treating his clients like family members and providing them with high-quality services. Whether you are a current or prospective client, you will find Jhawar to be a very good listener who addresses all your issues. As a client, you will receive top quality service, which is affordable and confidential.
With a keen interest in computer science, Jhawar taught himself computer programming and wrote his own accounting software, which he uses in his tax accounting practice. Jhawar lives in Chicago and, in his free time, enjoys doing meditation, discovering good eats, watching international cricket, and getting a good night's sleep.
Jhawar is reliable, calm, cheerful, innovative, confident, and modest. Click on Contact to find out more about the services of SRJ Consulting.